This spring I have been on the summer camp and recreation conference circuit talking about how camps can use social media like Facebook and Twitter to get get their message out about camp and provide a space for parents and staff. By increasing a camp’s digital footprint, a summer camp can use social media sites as part of their inbound marketing strategy.
Facebook Pages has recently been updated and new features are now available. C.C. Chapman and his team at The Advance Guard have collected some ideas and tips that summer camps can apply to their use of Facebook Pages and you can download this 25 page white paper at About Face: A free white paper on Facebook Pages.
* Optimizing Tabs for maximum effectiveness.
* Strategies to increase activity on your Wall and Stream .
* Choosing the right Applications to install.
* Creating custom landing zones for newcomers.
* Increasing viral spread of your brand, and things to avoid
* Recruiting new Fans and engaging with existing ones.
How are you using Facebook Pages? Do you prefer it to Facebook Groups? How do you find your customers and staff utlilzing the information and areas of Facebook?
Tell us about your Summer Camp Facebook Page – post it in the comment section.