How can summer camp directors take advantage of twitter? This past week I have given 2 workshops and 1 webinar on social media and this is the question I keep getting. Here is a link to a video from the TED Conference where Evan Williams (Twitter’s co-founder) where he talks about twitter’s growth and how people are using it: How Twitter’s spectacular growth is being driven by unexpected uses. After talking with summer camp directors from around the world at the American Camp Association National Conference, I have heard of a number of ways they want to put twitter to use.
- keep in touch with parents general updates at camp
- announce staff jobs and staff event
- use twitter search to keep up with parents in their community talking about camp
- pushing out blog posts
- connecting with other camp directors
- sending out emergency alerts
- feeding content to their web page with the twitter embed feature
How do you plan to use twitter at camp?